The MuleSkinner, situated on a small ridge, is located on the eastern outskirts of Denison, a small town of 350 people, “Where the East meets the West”, directly N. of Topeka, Kansas, America’s Heartland. We are approximately 1 hour 15 minutes NW of Kansas City International Airport.
The MuleSkinner Lodge address is:
19010 Eastern Ave.
Denison, KS 66419
Directions from Interstate 70 at Topeka, Kansas:
From I-70, travel (N) on Hwy 75 about 25 miles to 198th Rd; take a right (E) on 198th Rd. and travel (E) 4 miles; 198th Rd. merges with Hwy 16; continue (E) another 3 miles to Denison. Drive 1 block past the blinking caution light and take a left (N) onto Eastern Ave. Go 1 and 1/2 blocks and you should see us on the right side of Eastern Ave.
Nearby Points of Interest:
- Holton, Ks antique shops and Walmart 10 min NW
- Mayetta, Ks, Indian Town and antiques: 9 min SW on Hwy 75
- Thunderhill Speedway, fabulous racing 15 mi SW (2 mi. W. of 75 Hwy)
- Hunting on Ks Corp of Engineers Land: 10 min E.
- Original Valley Falls to Holton, Ks., wagon trail ruts still visible 5 min. E. (paid tours can be arranged)
- Prairie Pottawatomie Band Casino: 11 min SW, just W. of Hwy 75
- Valley Falls, Ks, headwaters to the Perry Reservoir, quaint town; antiques, 10 min E.
- Banner Creek Reservoir fishing and camping: 12 min NW
- Perry Lake, fishing and camping: 20 min SE
- Sac & Fox Casino: 25 min NW. on Hwy 75
- Golden Eagle Casino: 25 min N. on Hwy 20
- Kansas Historical Museum of Topeka, Ks & Great Topeka Zoo 30 min SW
- Wamego, Ks, the “Wizard of Oz” town, the OZ Museum; an old Dutch windmill (flour mill still operating): 1 hour SW
- Paxico, Ks, Antiques galore: 40 mi SW on I-70
- Old Abilene, Ks Historical Town: 2 hrs SW on I-70
- Topeka, Ks., State Capital, approximately 35 min S.
- Kansas City, approximately 1 1/2 hours SE
- Branson, Missouri, approximately 5 hours SE